Are you in a dilemma as to which platform is the best? Website builders have evolved over the years. If you are new to Website builders then it would be a great experience for you to check these options and try them yourself.
It is one of the most popular website builders which happens to allow you to easily create a website. WordPress is free and open-source software, making it one of the best and most popular website development platforms on the internet today.
WordPress has been around for more than 17 years now and is widely recognized and recommended by many. Such is the extent of its popularity that one can find that it is found to power more than 38% of all websites on the internet. It provides one with access to numerous themes, plugins, and tools. You have the ability to produce and develop unique designs, various features, and functionalities that are specific to each individual project.
Further, we find that WordPress is free to use, but it won’t host your blog for you. You would require a hosting plan for it along with a domain name to be picked out. After you have done this then you can install and set up your WordPress site. One of the most convenient and affordable hosting sites for you can be Bluehost which has a lot of easy to set features available.
Pros of WordPress
- It is easy to use, and a painless process. It might be a bit tough as compared to bloggers. But the best part about WordPress is that most quality WordPress hosts can handle the setup for you.
- It is very easy to learn
- The Platform is very beginner-friendly
- There exists a lot of customization through which you can give your website any shape you want to give it.
- With WordPress, you have the option of adding custom code and complex features to your blog.
Cons of WordPress
- It requires a monetary investment which might be a very small one but it does require.
- You’ll be more responsible for ensuring that your site performs well and is secure.
Squarespace (One of the Best Website Builders)
If someone is a complete beginner, there is a very high chance that he or she would probably prefer Squarespace. Squarespace provides as many as in fact more than 90 free design templates. You also have the option of buying custom design templates as well through it. Its templates are found to be very unique and are quite appealing at the same time.
Squarespace doesn’t require a lot of coding, which makes it a great option for many people. If we talk about Webflow it offers its own designs, but Squarespace doesn’t. It is a bit restricted.
They can be customized but only to some degree. But at the same time, another major difference between the two lies in the fact that Squarespace allows you to add custom coding and you have the provision of even switching themes in the middle of the design process if you wish to do so, but this feature doesn’t come with Webflow.
When it comes to having the best Value for Money ratio, Squarespace is clearly the winner. At the same time, it offers templates that give it an added functionality and advantage over the rest of the two. It has a very wide variety of themes to choose from. In terms of customer satisfaction as well it is found to be quite good.
Further, if we talk about Squarespace it is found to be one of the best website builders when it comes to blogging. It comes loaded with features that make it very unique such as providing comments, multiple authors, post scheduling, AMP support, and so on. Along with all of this, it also provides social media integrations, mobile editing, built-in email campaigns, and so on.
Features of Squarespace:
- Very much reliable and easily accessible.
- It has the option of being able to connect with a number of third-party integrations.
- It has the ability to create customer accounts.
- Provides a very good customer experience to its users.
- It has the feature that provides you with the flexibility to work in a really fast space.
- It has very solid SEO editing options, provided with advanced SEO functions as well.
- Block Style Design: this simply means that when for instance you happen to build upon a features list, one finds that one can only place text above, below, or beside another text box or beside a photo. This becomes quite a task eventually.
- Limited Customization: When you are building upon a blog Squarespace doesn’t enable you to edit how the post is shown.
When we talk about Webflow we find that it is seen to tend and slightly more towards agencies and professionals. It was founded in the year 2013, known and became popularized for its professional website.
If you are someone who is well versed in having design experience and knowledge in it, then Webflow is something which you would love to work upon. Although it has a much-complicated interface, nevertheless if you are familiar with it then it wouldn’t come as a hindrance to you.
It comes with a feature whereby you have the option of literally creating anything and automating the process of publishing and merging data. Further, it has multiple integrations with popular apps, through plugins and gadgets. Furthermore, blogging with Webflow is very easy. Webflow includes an intuitive CMS which makes on-page editing to be super easy. It also has easily customizable content types.
- Creates beautiful effects by adding upon CSS filters to anything
- You have the option of building with a grid in Webflow.
- With Webflow CMS you have the option that allows you to design one page and dynamically pull in elements to create hundreds of different pages. This comes in handy especially when one is building a blog.
- Easily add custom code for the entire site or to a specific page. It tends to focus and look upon designing your website just the way you want to with the option of a drag and drop editor. Which just works perfectly well especially for those who know little to no code.
- It comes loaded with responsive images.
- It comes with responsive designs, displays as well as performs beautifully on every device.
If you are someone who has just started with a business or with web design then there is nothing wrong if you start with the Squarespace website builders platform. If you wish to maximize upon your design professional then WordPress and Webflow is a recommended option. Rest try it yourself and see what suits you best.
Please contact us if you have any suggestions or comments. For updates, guides, and more, like our Facebook page, follow us on Twitter, and subscribe to our YouTube channel.
You may also like:
55 Top Free WordPress Themes for Blogs for 2021