Are you looking for the best and free menu plugins for your WordPress sites? Then you’ve come to the right place. You cannot provide the attractiveness that you desire for your users with some basic or in-built menu navigation that comes with most of the themes. A menu plugin will give your website an edge that it may not have otherwise.
Users who find it easy to navigate are more likely to convert. At the same time, if your navigation is poor, users will become irritated and leave your site in search of another, and your competitors with better navigation will win the user.
If you have a small website with few pages, your theme menu can easily handle it. However, if you have a growing e-commerce, business, or blogging site with a lot of pages and categories, you should definitely use a mega menu plugin. A mega menu can easily include a search bar, images, or videos, depending on your needs.
Do you want to start looking for the best menu plugin for your website? The best menu plugins for WordPress sites are listed in this post. You can select any of these for your website. So, let’s get started.
Free Menu Plugins for WordPress Sites
All of the plugins listed here are completely free. They do, however, have pro versions. If you like the free version and want more features, you can choose to upgrade to the pro version.
I did my best to try and test these before listing them, so you can choose them with confidence. In addition, I will attempt to recommend these plugins for any specific situation.
1. Max Mega Menu
The Max Mega Menu plugin converts your website’s existing menu or menus into mega menus automatically. The menus can then be easily customized using the theme editor or the built-in settings. The plugin is simple to use, accessible and touch-enabled for mobile devices.
The plugin is responsive and small in size, making it very lightweight. Furthermore, because it is very lightweight and has clean codes, it has no effect on the website’s loading speed. If you require assistance, they have extensive documentation as well as basic support options.
Features of the Max Menu Plugin:
- Drag and Drop Mega Menu builder
- Display WordPress Widgets in your menu
- Supports multiple menu locations each with its own configuration
- Customize the styling of your menus using a built-in theme editor
- Add icons to menu items
- Menu item options including hiding Text, Disable Link, Hide on Mobile, etc
- Align menu items to the left or right of the menu bar
- Align sub-menus to the left or right of the parent menu item
The plugin is free to use and has a good set of features. If you want more advanced features, you can upgrade to its premium version, which starts at $29 for use on a single site.
2. WP Mega Menu
WP Mega Menu is a WordPress mega menu builder plugin that is free and responsive. Widgets, links, badges, images, tabs, and more can be used to create stunning mega menus. WP Mega Menu is a ground-breaking drag-and-drop menu creator. It allows for the easy addition of rows, customization of columns, and repositioning of menu items.
WP Mega Menu allows you to combine menu items with eye-catching icons and buttons. By showcasing products right on the site’s menu bar, the plugin has the potential to significantly increase your sales.
Features of the Max Menu Plugin:
- Drag and drop responsive menu builder
- Widgets in menu items
- Multiple menu themes
- Export/import menu themes
- Add logo, social icons, and search bar to menus
- Menu labeling/badge, ex: hot, new, etc.
- Font Awesome and Dashicons icon support
- Mobile menu support
- Menu background image
- Unlimited colors
- Google Fonts
You can use the plugin’s free version, but if you need more features, you can upgrade to the premium version, which costs $29 per year.
3. WordPress Mega Menu – QuadMenu
Another popular free mega menu plugin on our list is Quadmenu. This plugin’s menu is responsive and fully customizable, comes with multiple layouts and drag-and-drop functionality.
You can easily integrate the menu into your theme’s project by using this plugin. You can easily create mega menus, tab menus(premium feature), and carousel menus. Moreover, the premium version of this plugin supports social networks as well.
Features of the Quadmenu Plugin:
- Drag and drop builder
- Support for multiple menu locations
- Customizable menus
- Sticky menu
- Comes with Google fonts
You can go with this free version. Or, you can go with the premium version, which starts at $15 for a lifetime license for one website.
4. Mega Menu Plugin for WordPress
Mega Menu Plugin for WordPress is another free option for creating a mega menu on your WordPress site. This plugin makes it simple to create mega menus. You can use it to create stunning mega menus.
The customizer menu allows you to easily customize the menu. You can also easily create your desired menu using the drag and drop builder.
Please keep in mind that this plugin has not been tested with the most recent three major WordPress releases. As a result, it is possible that it is no longer maintained or supported, and that it may cause compatibility issues when used with more recent versions of WordPress.
- Built with a customizer system
- Live view.
- Drag and Drop Mega Menu builder.
- Magazine layout
- Builder content layout.
- Inherit menu from the theme.
- Custom responsive breakpoint.
- 6 Animations: shift-up, shift-down, shift-left, shift-right, fade, flip.
- Full with the layout.
- Boxed layout.
- Custom mega menu content with.
- Align menu items to the left or right of the menu bar.
- Align sub-menus to the left or right of the parent menu item.
The plugin is available in WordPress for free. However, its advanced features can be obtained by purchasing its pro version, which starts at $19 for a single site.
5. Mega Menu Plugin for WordPress – AP Mega Menu
AP Mega Menu is a free WordPress Mega Menu plugin. You can easily add several widgets column-wise, configure them, and create a great horizontal and vertical mega menu with AP Mega Menu.
It has never been easier to incorporate a Mega Menu into your website. It’s now simple and quick. Without any coding experience, you can quickly create stunning Mega Menus.
It supports Flyout or Mega Menu, allowing you to easily create a menu by “dragging and dropping.” From a variety of pre-designed skins/templates, you can pick the right template/layout for your theme.
- Supports Flyout or Mega Menu sub-menu styles
- Widgetized Mega Menu with Visual Builder Drag and Drop Position Method
- Mega Menu/Flyout 8 Pre Available Skins or Custom Template Designs
- Enable AP Mega Menu with horizontal or vertical orientation
- Fade or Slide transitions
- Hover or click trigger effect to open menus
- Hide Arrow, Hide Menu On Mobile, Desktop, Hide Menu Icon, Menu Label Field with animation type, delay time, iteration count settings.
- Horizontal Mega Menu position features such as Full-width, Center, Left Edge, Right-edge.
- Vertical Mega Menu/Flyout position features such as Aligned to Parent and Full-height.
- Custom Settings Options to display featured image or default custom image(width and height custom option)
- Language Translation Ready
- Fully Responsive
The AP Mega Menu is a free WordPress plugin that you can download. However, if you want more premium features, you can upgrade to the plugin’s premium version, which starts at $18.
6. Groovy Menu Plugin (Free)
Groovy Menu is a responsive and free WordPress Mega Menu plugin that makes it simple to add a great menu to your site and improve navigation. It’s simple to customize; all you have to do is upload your logo and change the colors, fonts, and sizes.
Most page builders, WooCommerce, Forms, and Cache plugins are compatible with the Groovy Menu Plugin. As a result, you can use it on your website without any problems.
- You can create different types of menus, such as Mega Menu, Vertical menu, One-page menu, Dropdown menu, Submenu, Toolbar menu
- Create a Fully Responsive menu
- Full-Width mega menu
- Mobile menu
- RTL Support
- WPML Ready
- Multi-level menu support
- Easy to customize
The Groovy Menu Plugin is available for free. You can use its pro plugin for more advanced features, the pro plugin starts from $39.
So, we have come to the conclusion of the post. These are the best free menu plugins available for you to choose for creating menus on your website. You can choose between the Max Mega Menu or the WP Mega Menu. If you are already using one, then let us know, which one you are using,
You may also like: