Are you the owner of an e-commerce website? And wondering Which WordPress plugins to use on your website?
Choosing essential WordPress plugins is crucial to your business. Essential WordPress plugins can help you build a successful e-commerce site.
If you don’t choose the right plugins, those plugins will waste your time and effort. And in the end, it’s not going to give you any good results.
WordPress is the most popular CMS platform and has over 55,000 plugins in its library. So, choosing the right e-commerce WordPress plugins can be difficult.
You can’t try every plugin and see which one is working and which one isn’t. That’s why we’ve prepared this list for you. This list of 25 best WordPress e-commerce plugins are being tried and tested by us and these plugins are going to give good results.
The Best WordPress E-Commerce Plugins
WooCommerce is the most popular and powerful WordPress E-Commerce plugin with over 5 million active installs and available for free. 25% of the top 1 million websites on the Internet are using WooCommerce. If you want to start your e-commerce website using the WordPress platform, WooCommerce is the best option.
It’s easy to use and set up your e-commerce site. You can convert your basic WordPress site to a fully functional e-commerce site in just a few clicks.
WooCommerce was acquired by Automattic (the team behind WordPress) in 2015, and since then there have been more new features, themes, and security updates. As this is used by a large number of users, you will get a lot of support when needed.
- Beginner Friendly, Anyone can easily create and customize the look and feel of the pages
- There are thousands of plugins that can add new features on your store and hundreds of themes to customize the design of your website
- Easy to manage inventory
- Built-in support for payment gateways (can add more using plugins)
- Shipping options with label printing options
- Automated tax calculations
Hubspot’s WordPress e-commerce plugin is an all in one solution. It comes with Contact Management (CRM), Email Marketing, Live Chat, Forms & Analytics features. It is active on over 100,000 websites and one of the most popular options out there.
HubSpot makes it possible for you to grow your business better. It helps to turn visitors into leads, nurture them into customers, and measure your business growth.
- You can monitor the visitors’ and customers’ actions in the HubSpot CRM. If a customer orders an item, you can synchronize the data with the CRM as a sale.
- You can choose to sync historical customer data into HubSpot when setting up your account to make it easier to unlock insights from your past leads, customers, and orders.
- This plugin also enables you to create automation for popular sequences on e-commerce. You can set up new customer workflows to welcome new customers to your store, follow up on contacts leaving their carts, and re-engage customers who haven’t been to your shop in a while.
- Engage visitors with live chat and chatbots, and use forms & popups to convert leads.
- Create beautiful, responsive email newsletters inside WordPress, and use marketing automation campaigns to grow your leads.
- Manage all of your contact databases with free CRM from HubSpot, and group contacts with the built-in list builder.
- Measure the company growth with easy-to-understand analytics dashboards in real-time.
WooCommerce MailChimp Newsletter Discount is one of the best plugins if you want to grow your email list as well as your business. As per the name suggests, it seamlessly integrates with your Mailchimp account.
This plugin allows you to create customizable forms and shows a discount offer to the visitors on your site. When the visitor submits an email in the form. They become a subscriber with your MailChimp account.
After that this plugin will automatically send the user a discount on their registered email Id. And it increases the chances of converting the website visitors into potential customers.
This plugin makes this process automated so you don’t have to worry about manually sending discount coupons to the newly registered email subscribers.
- Easy to use, customize the form texts, background
- You can create popup form or normal form for your post or page
- Option available to use as a discount form or make this as normal newsletter signup form
- Easy to integrate with Mailchimp, just need to enter Mailchimp API key
- Easily set up Webhook for double opt-in feature
- Exit intent option available for the popup
- Desktop notification available for the admin to see when a user makes subscribes to the newsletter
- Easily configurable to show the popup on mobile devices
If you are using any other email service provider, such as SendinBlue, then this plugin also has other variants. There are a few more exciting plugins available for email marketing, image editing, and more, make sure you check them out as well.
Affiliates are one of the best e-commerce plugins for WordPress. It helps you set up your own e-commerce affiliate marketing program. Where other users can easily join and share your products or services and drive traffic and sales to your site.
Affiliate marketing is one of the best ways to grow your business. Where people can easily join in your program and share your products with their various methods. They can create links using simple tools in this plugin.
The plugin is quick and easy to set up. You and your affiliates can easily start using this with any issues. The dashboard design is very simple and user-friendly.
- Easy to use, beginner-friendly setup, customization options
- Fully functional Dashboard, login, registration pages
- Real-time reporting of referrals, affiliate links, statistics
- Unlimited affiliates
- Affiliates can be manually or automatically authorized, and notifications to notify them and the administrator of their status
It also comes with a bunch of free integrations that will add more features to this plugin.
Quiz And Survey Master is one of the best WordPress plugins to create quizzes and surveys on your website. It has over 30,000 active installs. It’s a feature-packed plugin to engage your website visitors.
You can run competitions and give free products to the users of your website in order to engage them. You can also run surveys to learn more about their likes and dislikes. And on that basis, you can improve your services.
- Create fully customizable questionnaires, answers, buttons, etc.
- You can create multiple types of questions with different options. Such as multiple choice, radio buttons, true and false, open answer, drop down, checkboxes, fill in the blank, and many more.
- It also allows you to create multiple result pages, so you can customize them based on the user score.
- After the user takes a quiz or survey, you and the user can get an email from the plugin with the results.
- You can assign categories to your questions. You can then show the user their score in a specific category or an average category score.
There are more features available in this plugin. Also, it comes with free Certificates and Leaderboards add-ons.
5. Rank Math
Rank Math is one of the best WordPress SEO plugins. It is active on over 400,000 websites. This plugin is easy to set up with its well-designed setup wizard. And it gives beginner-friendly optimization tips.
SEO is one of the most important parts of a website. If you do it right then you can get a lot of organic traffic without paying for ads.
It automatically adds meta-title and meta-description tags based on the title and first few words of your post or page. This plugin allows you to generate an XML sitemap and connect with Google Search Console and control access to plugin features based on website user roles.
- Easy to configure the plugin with the help of modern setup wizard and optimal default settings
- It allows you to optimize your page or post with unlimited keywords, hence more optimized content and better chances of content visibility
- With just a few clicks you can configure Google schema markup and Rich Snippets
- Redirection (301, 302, 307, 410, 451)
- Card previews for Facebook and Twitter
- It also has XML Sitemaps, Rich snippets, internal linking recommendations, 404 monitoring, Local SEO and Image SEO features.
YITH WooCommerce Wishlist is one the most popular wishlist plugins available for WordPress E-Commerce websites. It has over 700,000 active installs. Wishlist is one of the best features that you can integrate on your e-commerce site.
Using this users can easily keep all their favorite products at one place and they can purchase these products later.
- Users can easily save all their favorite products at one place
- Plugin allows users to share their wish list with their friends and family members, so that others can buy from that list as well
- Also. allows users to share their wishlist on social media as well
- Comes with a variety of customization options as well as you can move the button position
Table Rate for WooCommerce by Flexible Shipping is a free WordPress plugin with over 60,000 active installs. It allows you to calculate shipping rates based on weight and/or cart total.
This plugin’s intuitive user interface makes handling table rates extremely easy. It integrates with the WooCommerce shipping zones and helps to define shipping rates by total weight.
- Allows to create COD (Cash On Delivery) shipping method with additional costs
- Adding a handling fee or an insurance cost after reaching a certain order value
- Include or exclude shipping tax on the basis of specific business requirements
- Easily set up multiple tiers of shipping rates
- Add additional handling charges for each order
Webpushr is a simple yet powerful WordPress Web Push Notification plugin. It is an essential feature for an e-commerce website.
You can set up this plugin in minutes and after that your website visitors can see the opt-in message. Once they have opted for push notifications they can start receiving your messages.
- Supports Latest Mobile and Desktop Browsers
- Automatically send notifications to users when you add new products or price drops of products
- Automatically send a “Abandoned Cart Reminder” to re-engage customers and maximize sales when they added products to their cart but forgotten to check out
- You can get subscribers details such as subscribers count, OS type, device type, opt-in rate, etc.
- You can divide and segment users to send better notifications
- Send trigger-based notifications (when they sign-up for notifications or make a purchase)
- Scheduled notifications also available
Checkout Address AutoFill For WooCommerce is an add-on for WooCommerce that allows your users to auto-fill both the Billing and Shipping Address fields on the checkout page using the google address autocomplete API.
It’s very easy to set up a plugin. It allows users to choose their location on Google Maps and automatically adds street address and local area, city, state, pin code to the Shipping and Billing fields.
The other option that it gives is that it automatically indicates addresses based on the addresses you enter in the form, by selecting the address it fills the street, city, state, pin code details.
- Easy to configure the plugin
- You can easily customize the location picker icon options
- Works for Billing and/or Shipping addresses
- Enable user current location for both Ship/Bill address
- Allow Phone Number, Company Name autofill
- Supports the latest version of WooCommerce
- User can autofill address using Google Map
10. Caldera Forms
Caldera Form is a free and powerful WordPress plugin that creates responsive forms with a simple drag-and-drop editor. It has over 200,000 active installs. Caldera Forms has a number of free, user-friendly add-ons for both beginners and web developers.
Caldera Forms Visual Editor simplifies WordPress form building. Set up a multiple-column form, add additional pages, and enclosure user responses with conditional logic to obtain more robust data and relevant information from your customers and site visitors. Anti-spam, AJAX, email notification and database entry tracking are enabled by default.
You may also want to check out some of the useful plugins that allow you to sync the data collected from Caldera Forms with popular CRM services such as Hubspot and Salesforce. You can also sync the Cadera Forms data with Mailchimp using one of our integration plugins.
- Intuitive, Easy to use interface with drag and drop features
- Many types of field options available, such as calculation, dropdown select, radio, file upload
- Create a custom WordPress search form to search posts, users, categories, tags, custom post types, and custom fields.
- You can create an unlimited number of forms or fields or submissions and auto-responders.
11. Sucuri Security
Sucuri Security is one of the best WordPress security plugins that you can use on your WordPress e-commerce site. It has over 700,000 active installs on your website. The security plugin is free to use but you can upgrade for more premium features.
With advanced features such as security auditing, file integrity monitoring, remote malware scanning, blacklist monitoring, and more, Sucuri is the best option when it comes to security on your website.
- Unlimited malware and hack scanning and cleanup
- Effective security features that help protect your e-commerce website
- Keep track of every change on your website, file changes, logins, failed login attempts, and more.
- Sucuri blocks attacks before they even reach your server, keeping your site and users’ information safe.
UpdraftPlus is one of the best backup plugins for WordPress. It’s rated the most popular backup solution for WordPress, with over 3 million active installs.
It is essential to have a backup plugin when you have all the information over the internet. The plugin allows you to take a complete backup of your website and store it on the cloud or you can download it on your computer.
- Supports scheduled backup as well as an on-demand backup feature.
- Gives you the option to choose which files you want to backup.
- It supports multiple cloud storage options including Google Drive, Dropbox, Amazon S3, Rackspace, FTP, SFTP, email, etc.
- In case you want to restore any backup, that can also be done using this plugin.
13. W3 Total Cache
W3 Total Cache is the most popular WordPress caching plugin with over 1 million active installs. It is an open-source plugin available for free.
It comprises all the features you need to set up the WordPress cache properly. This includes page cache, object cache, compression gzip, limited support for minifying, support for CDN, and more.
It fits well on both mobile and desktop browsers. For e-commerce websites, this is a perfect solution. This will improve the speed of your website and as a result, it will help to increase your website conversion rate.
- The plugin is free and comes with a lot features and will help optimize your website
- Offers bandwidth savings through minifications, HTTP compression, and feed optimization.
- Compatible with any type of hosting options
- Minification and compression are provided, along with the caching of your database, disk objects, and posts.
- Object caching supported
Smush is the most popular WordPress Image optimization plugin. It has over 1 million active installs. When you upload new images it will automatically optimize those images. It also gives you the option to optimize the previously available images.
The plugin comes with both free and paid versions. The free version lets you optimize 50 files at a time.
When you run an e-commerce website and have a lot of products and images. Images make your site slower and you can see while performing speed tests on your website. And slower loading websites miss out on a lot of sales/conversions. To prevent this, it is important to optimize your images for a better user experience.
- Compress unused data without affecting image quality
- Locate the images that are slowing down your page speed
- Smush will process PNG, JPEG and GIF files for optimum results
- Optimize all of your images up to 5MB in size free forever (no daily, monthly, or annual caps)
- Asynchronously auto-smush your attachments for super fast compression on upload
- Set a max-width and height and large images will scale down as they are being compressed
15. WP Paint Pro
WP Paint Pro is one of the best image editing plugins available for WordPress websites. In an e-commerce site, you may need to crop any image, or add text to any image or want to create a blog banner for your website so this plugin is the best option for that.
Not only that you can edit the brightness, sharpness, contrast of the images. You can also add gradient effects, shapes, filters, stickers, watermarks to your images.
It comes with an intuitive interface that resembles a common desktop photo editor. There are so many tools and effects that you can use in this plugin.
- Edit Images using Layers
- Add shapes, effects, filters, stickers, watermarks, texts to images
- Basic image editing features (crop, resize, flip, rotate)
- Apply Gradient and Blur Effect to your images
- Add more images using drag and drop, or directly from Pixabay
- Clone tool to copy one region of the image and paste on another location
MonsterInsights is one of the best WordPress plugins that give you the power of Google Analytics in an intuitive, easy-to-use platform. It is active on over 2 million websites. With this plugin, you will be able to see all the data from Google Analytics in your WordPress dashboard.
It is designed to give you a deeper insight into how visitors interact with your website and offers enhanced eCommerce tracking capabilities for users operating on the WooCommerce and Easy Digital Downloads platforms.
With this plugin you can track the user behavior and based on that you can make changes to your e-commerce site. You will also be able to see Traffic Sources, popular pages, audience overviews, demographics, conversion details and more. With all these data you will be able to make better decisions and can grow your business.
- Shows you detailed reports about your visitors’ country, gender, device, and more.
- Sales tracking for WooCommerce, Easy Digital Download, LifterLMS, and MemberPress
- You can check where your website visitors are coming from, what keywords they searched for, what referred them, and more.
- Integrate Google Analytics and Facebook Instant Articles with a single click
- Track form views, submissions, and conversion rates
- With the simple click of a button, you can have real-time data on the performance of your eCommerce site
- Get a more in-depth insight into customer preferences and the success of your sales and marketing initiatives, all with MonsterInsights.
16. Finale Lite
Finale is a WooCommerce plugin that allows you to create urgent and scarce promotional campaigns.
Urgency and scarcity are both powerful psychological triggers that motivate shoppers to act quickly and avoid missing out. And having this type of plugin is a great addon for an e-commerce website.
- You can use Finale to run scheduled sales campaigns such as flash sales, seasonal promotions, coupon code led discounts, pre-launch deals, daily deals, faster shipping deadline campaigns, instant discounts, early-bird deals, recurring offers, and more.
- This is great for running flash sales like happy hours, deals of the day (Wow Wednesdays, Tipsy Thursdays), prime time specials, lunch hour deals, and more.
- Set up stunning countdown timers campaigns on the product page
- A counter bar shows the real-time stock status and gives people a compelling reason to hurry up. It’s persuasive and moves as more and more people buy.
- Rule builder allows you to create your rules to customize campaigns.
- You can set up campaigns on a specific product or all products or on products from a specific category
Tawk. To Live Chat is the most popular and free live chat plugin available on WordPress websites. Having this feature-packed and flexible plugin is very important for your business. It has over 200,000 active installations.
The plugin is very easy and quick to set up. You can easily monitor your website visitors with this plugin. The interface is simple, so even if you’re a beginner, it won’t be a problem for you to understand.
- You can chat with website visitors from your desktop as well as your mobile, as it offers free iOS, Android, Windows, and Mac OSX apps
- Chatting with your website visitors is easy with this plugin
- You can chat with visitors from multiple websites from the same dashboard
- Also, it’s easy to add many chat agents as you want
- The plugin offers real-time support via both live chat and email
- You can customize the widget design to match the style of your website, and you can also manage which pages you want to display the chat widget.
- There’s also a way to schedule the time of the widget, when you want to show it, and when you don’t.
18. Ultimate FAQs
Ultimate FAQs plugin is one of the most popular and flexible WordPress FAQ plugins. It has over 40,000 active installs.
Having a FAQ section can save you a lot of time answering similar questions on your e-commerce site. This plugin will allow you to create, organize, and publicize your FAQs (frequently asked questions) in no time through your WordPress admin panel.
- Unlimited FAQs, with unlimited tag and category support
- Create FAQ categories
- Create FAQ posts and assign categories to them
- Accordion FAQ layout that will fit any site
- Bulk import FAQs from a spreadsheet
- Insert custom CSS to style your FAQs
YITH WooCommerce Questions and Answers plugin lets you place a feature on your e-commerce product pages. Where users can ask product specific questions and you can answer them in the same way.
Having this feature in your e-commerce store will also allow you to interact with visitors to your website, and other users with the same query can also benefit from it. It will help increase the chances of conversion by clearing up general confusion.
- Let your users ask questions about specific products from WooCommerce
- Allows your users to answer a question on the product page
- Manage questions and answers easily
- The FAQ mode, questions, and answers are generated only from the back end
20. WP Image Zoom
WP Image Zoom is a very useful plugin that you can use on your WordPress e-commerce website. With this plugin, you can create up to 4 zooms in types that will help users to see your product images in more detail.
This will help to improve the user experience of your website and also contribute to the decision-making process when the customer wants to purchase any products from your WordPress e-commerce store.
- Comes with 4 zoom types – Inner zoom, Round lens, Square lens and outer zoom (with Zoom Window).
- Lens size, border color, border size, shadow, rounded corner and other can be easily customizable
- Comes with various effects
- Easy to enable on WooCommerce Product pages
The WooCommerce PDF Invoices and Packing Slips plugin automatically generates a PDF invoice for each order and attaches it to your customer’s email confirmation of the order. There are also a number of premium extensions that add extra functionality.
This plugin is specifically designed for users of WooCommerce.
- Customizable HTML and CSS templates
- Automatically attach PDF invoices to your WooCommerce order confirmation email
- Access and download the invoice and/or packaging slip from the secure admin page at any time.
- Create bulk invoices and/or packing slips
- Sequential invoice numbers with custom forming
- Available in many languages, including English, Czech, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, etc.
WP Product Review Lite plugin is a useful plugin for your WordPress e-commerce website. With the reviews, potential customers will get an idea of the quality and other features of products you’re selling. You can also improve your offerings based on the reviews.
The Reviewer will write a review of products using this plugin, and the users who have also used the products themselves can also rate the products and submit reviews.
This is a useful feature to have on your e-commerce website.
- Create a top products review widget
- Easily update all the colors of the widget from theme options
- Add an awesome wrap-up widget at the end of your articles
- Can add specific user review options to WordPress comments
- Add rich snippet ( schema ) to your posts
MyCred is an intelligent and adaptive point management system that allows you to build and manage a wide range of digital rewards including points, ranks, and badges on your WordPress / WooCommerce powered website.
With this plugin, you can engage with users of your e-commerce website and give points when they do certain activities. This will also help to increase the sales of your website.
Build brand loyalty by rewarding your customers through store reward systems, community leaderboards, monetizing your website content, and so on – the possibilities are endless.
- Each user can have a separate point balance. Website owners may use shortcodes and/or widgets to display the balance at appropriate locations.
- Each transaction in the balance of points shall be logged in order to ensure complete transparency and allow limits to be enforced. Users can view this history using on-page widgets.
- These are the perfect ‘hook’ for the retention of customers. These points are rewarded automatically for simple actions such as interacting with the content of your website or downloading a third-party plugin.
- The plugin can be fully customized for your own point reward and management scheme via built-in and premium add-ons.
- MyCRED offers custom code snippets for different pages to help you engage your visitors.
HashBar is a WordPress Notification / Alert / Offer Bar plugin that allows you to create unlimited notification bars to notify your customers.
This plugin has the option of displaying your email subscription form (sometimes up to 500 percent of your email subscribers), offering text and promotional buttons.
This plugin has the option to add unlimited background colors and images to make your notification bar more professional.
- Option to show or hide (All page / Only pages / Only posts / Only home page )
- Fully customizable (texts, color, wallpapers, effects, etc)
- Create Unlimited notification bars
- Enable/Disable close button
- Show notification on certain URL visit (URL parameter)
- Set how many times show notification
WooCommerce Currency Switcher Plugin lets you display prices in multiple currencies, use an unlimited number of currencies, and set the exchange rate for each currency manually or automatically.
In addition, The plugin makes full use of the Cryptocompare and Free Converter platforms, providing the latest exchange rates, and converting the displayed prices to real-time. The currency can be changed automatically according to the IP of the customer.
- Add as many currencies as you need
- Currency switcher uses aggregators for Cryptocompare and Free Converter. The plugin allows you to set exchange rates manually and automatically
- The plugin provides an opportunity to change the currency at checkout and to allow customers to pay with their chosen (preferred) currency.
- Compatible with WordPress Themes
- Mobile Friendly
I have tried and added the best plugins from each and every important part of e-commerce that you may need. I hope you find it useful. If you do please share this post with other WordPress e-commerce website owners. Please let me know in the comments section if I missed any.