Just as anyone can create a website, anyone can write and publish product reviews. However, not everyone can do it successfully. In order to increase conversions, make your site more appealing to visitors, and rank better in search engines, you need to use WordPress review plugins correctly.
Reviews are an important part of the e-commerce business model and if you’re running an online store, it’s important to have them.
Also, reviews can be very beneficial to your users as they let others know what their experiences were with your product or service and allow readers to learn what they should expect before making a purchase.
In this article, we will review 10 of the best WordPress review plugins on the market and show you how to choose the best one for your needs.
1. Site Reviews
One of the best WordPress review plugins you can install on your site is Site Reviews. The free version has a long list of features. It, like most reviews plugins, allows your customers to rate your website on a scale of 1 to 5.
Additionally, the plugin includes blocks, shortcodes, and widgets. One of the things that I like most about this plugin is that you can assign reviews to Categories, Pages, and Users. You can customize the look and feel of the reviews.
- You can pin reviews, to show that on top
- Review submissions containing specific words, phrases, IP addresses, names, and emails can be blocked
- Reviews require approval before getting published
- Users need to log in to be able to write reviews
- Custom notifications on a new submission
- Export/Import your settings and custom translations, and backup your reviews using the WordPress Export and Import tools.
- Supports Gutenberg and Elementor
- Configurable shortcodes
WP Customer Reviews allows you to add user-generated reviews to your website. It is compatible with all major plugins including WooCommerce, WP Multisite, Multiuserand, and Easy Digital Downloads.
The plugin offers review moderation and multiple anti-spam measures to keep your reviews clean. The plugin includes unlimited customization options which help you modify its design and layout according to your needs or use any custom CSS for customizing the plugin design.
- Supports shortcode for inserting reviews on any page or widget
- Fully customizable, including which fields to request, require, and display
- Supports schema.org format for SEO friendly reviews
- Admin can change the content and date of reviews
- Admin can respond to reviews, which will be shown under the user review
- Custom CSS option to let you customize the plugin look and feel
- It is possible to conduct both business and product reviews
If you run a WooCommerce site and want to make reviews more attractive, Yotpo is your go-to plugin. It will give your customers better tools to rate products, see what other buyers are saying, and leave their own reviews with just one click.
Plus, it integrates with MailChimp for your newsletter marketing needs. The service works across mobile devices and offers an easy-to-use interface that makes it super simple to install on any website.
- You can not only collect reviews, but also photos and conduct Q&A with Yotpo.
- Easily share customer reviews on social media channels with one click
- Display reviews with review widgets reviews tab, and star ratings on the homepage, product, and category pages
- Reply to reviews publicly or privately
- Yotpo allows you to import existing reviews. You can also export your existing reviews directly from the Yotpo plugin.
- Automatically share reviews on social media pages
Wp Ultimate Review is a simple free WordPress review plugin that you can use on your site. You can display the user reviews in one of four different styles. The 4 styles include Point, Star, Percentage, and Pie Chart.
The only disadvantage is a lack of social integration. Apart from that, there are lots of other useful features. From the admin settings dashboard, you can also create reviews. Customers can benefit from the plugin’s eye-catching review widgets.
- Admin can create reviews on behalf of the customers
- Can display overall review summary
- Display reviews on any page or widget of your site using shortcode
- The plugin is simple to use and easy to configure
- Display reviews in a variety of styles
Customer Reviews for WooCommerce is another popular WordPress review plugin on our list. This plugin makes it easy to insert reviews from customers into your product pages.
Using this plugin, you can receive reviews as well as create Q&A. The best feature, in my opinion, is that it supports over 40 languages, making it a global plugin. This plugin includes some fantastic features. Check out the feature section down below.
- Quick and easy setup
- Send automatic or manual review reminder emails to customers
- Review forms to allow quick and easy reviewing
- Ratings, images, voting, and filtering options are available in the reviews.
- You could provide discounts in exchange for reviews.
- It is possible to import and export reviews.
- Google Shopping integration
- Customized emails for each customer with variables
You can easily display Google Business Reviews on your websites by using this Widget for Google Reviews plugin. Using a shortcode, you can display the reviews on any page, post, or in the sidebar.
You can save Google Reviews on your WordPress website so that they no longer need to be retrieved from Google.
- Free to use the plugin
- Responsive slider design
- SEO Optimized
- Reviews auto updating
- Shortcode support
- It supports page builders like Gutenberg, Elementor, Page Origin, Beaver Builder, WPBakery, Divi
- Show “read more” link on long reviews
- Showcase genuine reviews directly from Google
WordPress Review Plugin is another popular review plugin for WordPress sites. Reviews are critical for any business, whether it is e-commerce or a service provider, and this plugin provides all of the necessary features. Ratings, structured data, shortcodes, user comments, and affiliate buttons are all included.
It aids your SEO efforts by supplying 19 different schema types. It is a piece of code that you add to your HTML to help Google and other search engines better understand and represent your content/page in SERPs. In a nutshell, it increases the likelihood of your site being ranked higher in the SERPs. Moreover, it also includes a variety of review rating types.
- You have the option to choose from different review systems like stars, percentage, and point ratings
- It makes use of a shortcode to allow you to place the reviews wherever you want on your site
- Simple configuration, easy to use
- Several customization options are available to tailor the look and feel of reviews
- Supports 19 different schema types, which aids SEO.
Rich Reviews is a rapidly expanding WordPress review plugin. In addition, you can easily collect user reviews, ratings, and testimonials with this plugin and display them anywhere on your site using a shortcode.
The review schema included in this plugin is an additional important SEO component. This allows Google and other search engines to display overall rating stars in search results and elsewhere.
- Design that is simple and easy to use
- Three types of reviews are available to you: per-page or per-post reviews, category reviews, and global reviews.
- You can choose which reviews are added to your site using moderated submissions.
- Supports shortcodes, allowing you to display reviews anywhere on your website.
- A light-weight plugin that will not slow down the website’s loading speed
ReviewX is a free review plugin that is rapidly growing in popularity. The ReviewX has some interesting features. Features such as review reminder emails, review sorting, a visually appealing display of reviews and statistics, and more are available.
You can also allow customers to upload photos alongside their reviews. It also has various customization options and is compatible with other plugins such as Elementor, Divi, Oxygen Builder, and others.
- Create multiple review criteria to increase the transparency of your product.
- Send an email reminding your customer to leave feedback on the item(s) they purchased.
- Sort customer reviews and ratings by most recent, photo reviews, text reviews, or highest-rated reviews.
- Allow customers to upload actual product images in order to gain potential customer trust.
- A dedicated panel for managing all WooCommerce reviews from a single location
- Choose different themes and customize the color to make customers’ reviews and ratings
- SEO Friendly
- If the reviews are from a buyer then it will show Verified Badge
This plugin displays Yelp Business Reviews in a sidebar widget on your website. The plugin’s distinguishing feature is that it saves reviews in the WordPress database rather than relying on third-party services such as Yelp to display them.
In addition, to function, the plugin requires a Yelp API key.
- Free to use
- SEO optimized
- Supports Shortcode
- Compatible with page builders like Elementor, Page Origin, Beaver Builder, WPBakery, Divi
- Trim long reviews with ‘Read More’ link
- Moreover, show up to three Yelp business reviews per location
- Dark mode supported
- Imports reviews from Yelp and saves them on your WordPress database
Choosing a review plugin for your online store can be a difficult task, but with these ten plugins, you should be able to find one that meets your requirements.
All of them are free, but some have paid upgrades, so if you’re looking for a quick fix, it’s best to start with free plugins before investing in upgrades.
As always, I recommend that you do extensive research before purchasing or trying anything new. Read full reviews and watch demo videos until you are confident that you are making an informed decision. Good luck!
If you found this post useful, then please take a moment to share it on social media. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for videos related to WordPress plugins and themes. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more updates.
You may also like: